Gaming Rules

***GAMING NOTICE EFFECTIVE 24 JUL 2014 ***

WINNING PULLTAB SEAL PRIZE $ MUST BE CLAIMED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF GAME CLOSING PER VA DEPT OF GAMING RULES AND REGULATION.  WINNERS MUST PROVIDE THE WINNNG TICKET WHEN PRIZE IS PAID.              NO EXCEPTIONS

INSTANT & SEAL WINS OVER $ 100.00 REQUIRE THE WINNERS SIGNATURE AND WILL BE ATTACHED TO THE GAME BOARD. THIS INCLUDES ALLCOUNTER AND MACHINE GAMES

CALL 703 221-2507 TO VERIFY WINNING NUMBERS IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO COME TO THE POST

IF YOU LEAVE YOUR HOLDERS WITH US, UNDERSTAND WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF HOLDERS ARE LOST OR MISPLACED.

INSTANT PAYOUTS ON MACHINE AND COUNTER GAMES WILL NOT BE PAID AFTER THE GAME CLOSES – IF YOU DECIDE TO TAKE TICKETS HOME OR HOLD WINNERS IT IS AT THE RISK OF A GAME CLOSING PRIOR TO YOUR RETURN TO THE CLUB

GOOD LUCK AND THANK YOU FOR GAMING WITH US    

AMERICAN LEGION POST 28
QUEEN OF HEARTS RULES OF PLAY

1.  A game board, with a $1000.00 starting jackpot, containing 54 cards (numbered and sealed face down) purchased from a certified gaming vendor, will be displayed in the Social Quarters in a secure case with the Queen of Hearts as the “Jackpot Card”.

2.  All members of The American Legion, The American Legion Auxiliary, Sons of The American Legion, and Legion Riders are eligible to play, including members from other Posts, Units, Squadrons and Chapters. Anyone wishing to play must be a member in good standing, with a valid membership card, in order to buy tickets. You must have your membership card with you to purchase tickets or win any prizes. Guests who are signed in by members are not eligible to play.

3.  Tickets will be $1.00 each, Six Tickets for $5.00, or Thirteen Tickets for $10.00 with no limit on the number of tickets purchased. All tickets sold are single stub tickets so you must print your name on the back of each ticket.  Nicknames, abbreviations or numbers are not acceptable forms of a name on the ticket. Once your name is on the ticket, return it to the Bartender or person running the Queen of Hearts for that drawing, to be placed in the raffle drum.

4.  If you will not be present for the drawing, you also need to designate a card number to be turned if your number is picked. If you would like to donate your winnings, you can use any reference to Post 28 organizations (i.e. Post 28, ALA 28, SAL 28, or Riders 28). If you are not present, and have not designated a card number to be turned, a card chosen at random will be turned.

5.  The Queen of Hearts drawing will occur every Friday at 7 PM with a maximum of two names drawn from the tickets purchased that week. If the Queen of Hearts is not chosen by the holder of the first ticket drawn, a second ticket will be drawn. Tickets will be drawn by the bartender, a member of the Post 28 Executive Committee, or a designee of the Staff. If a ticket is drawn with no name on it, it will count as one of the two allowed draws for that session. If you show up at 7:01 PM, you will be considered not present, and it will have an effect, per item 6 below, should your ticket be drawn and you choose the winning card.

THE CLUBROOM CLOCK IS THE OFFICIAL CLOCK.

6.  If your name is drawn, you will choose a card from the game board noted in paragraph 1 above. If the card chosen is the Queen of Hearts, the winner will receive sixty percent (60%) of the jackpot, if present. Of the remaining forty percent (40%), twenty percent (20%) goes back to the jackpot, ten percent (10%) is designated for charity to be used as per the Virginia Department of Charitable Gaming use of proceeds, and ten percent (10%) goes to the Post. If the winner is not present, the winner will receive forty percent (40%) of the jackpot. Of the remaining sixty percent (60%), forty percent (40%) goes back to the jackpot, ten percent (10%) is designated for charity to be used as per the Virginia Department of Charitable Gaming use of proceeds, and ten percent (10%) goes to the Post.

7.  Additional prizes will be as follows, for players who are Present for the Drawing Only:JOKER – $ 50.00 FACE CARD OR ACE – $ 25.00 ALL OTHER CARDS $ 5.00

8.  Each card selected and turned will have the winning ticket attached and that card will remain on the board. Once the Queen of Heartsis selected, the board will no longer be in play and will be placed in storage, with the attached winning tickets for a period of three years. A new board will be placed in play.

9.  Each week, after the drawing, all non-winning tickets will be destroyed.

10.  All winners are responsible for any and all taxes. Prizes over $600.00 will be paid by check and the winner will be issued a W2-G (1099). NO prize over $600.00 will be paid until the W2-G (1099) information is completely filled out. If a winner is unwilling to fill out a W2-G (1099), the prize will revert back to the Club.

EFFECTIVE: February 1, 2014